Friday, September 14, 2007

Cool Kid Update

I figured I'd put up a quick post on a recent discovery. Apparently all the "cool kids" leave the bulk of their cooking kit at school, and just carry around a knife roll with their main knives in it. I must admit, it would save a HELL of a lot of trouble. Because carrying a pepper mill and a ladle around NYC is very necessary. Its advised by the school that we don't leave any of our kit in the lockers, but hey, if it makes life easier. As things stand, I constantly get funny looks on the subway when I carry my kit, like "is he a terrorist?" or "I wonder if there's a gun in the bag." I've been asked once if it was a musical instrument or a specialty bag because it was so oddly shaped. As I simply said no, the three gay guys loudly discussed the prospect of it being a gun or a bomb. I could have told them, but I didn't want to take their fun away and I wasn't in the mood to strike up a conversation with them.

Anyhow, I'm now on the market for a new knife roll, a good pair of spring loaded needle nose pliers for fish bones, and a good (cheap) vegetable peeler (the kind that holds the peeler sideways so you pull down against the veggie, I may be unclear, but you all know what I'm talking about).

I'll let you know if and when I become one of the cool kids!

1 comment:

Jon said...

You're always cool to me!